A simple glossary to show the meanings of the common Filipino words I use in my blog.
- Tito/Ninong: A word meaning Uncle
- Tita/Ninang: A word meaning Aunt
- Ate: A word used to call those who are older and female, but commonly used on elder sisters.
- Kuya: A word to call those who are older and male, but commonly used on elder brothers.
- Yaya: A word meaning Nanny, House Helper, or Maid.
- Ibon: A word meaning bird.
- Pare: A word meaning Priest.
A simple glossary to show the meanings of the birder terms I use in my blog.
- Spark Bird: The bird gave you inspiration to pursue birding, not necessarily your first lifer.
- Lifer: The first sighting of a bird in it’s natural habitat.
- Life List: The list of lifers